Preparing for your appointment
What to bring:
Preparing for your Visit
In order for us to provide the best treatment plan for you, we need to clearly and completely understand your medical history and the treatment that you may have already had to date.
It is important to bring the following items to your first appointment:
- Medical Records and Written Reports
- Referring Physician Letter
- A List of Current Medications: This includes all prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, alternative medications, vitamins, herbs and supplements.
- Radiology Tests: This includes X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, PET scans, ultrasounds, and current mammogram. It is important that our physicians review the actual films, either in hard copy or digital format, in addition to the written reports.
- Pathology Report(s): If you have been diagnosed with cancer, then a pathologist has already made a diagnosis by reviewing a biopsy or tumor specimen. A copy of 'all' pathology reports will be requested and reviewed by our clinic.
- Insurance ID & Prescription ID Card(s): As a courtesy to our patients, we will submit charges to your insurance and prescription companies. Please notify your insurance company prior to your visit, and you may want to confirm with them if you will need a referral letter. Since we are classified as "out of network" we are unable to accept Medicare, Medicaid and any HMO insurance. If you utilize an insurance broker, we will need that contact information as well.
- Contact information for your referring physician, primary care physician (PCP), oncologist, internist, etc.
- Financial Requirement: Deposits are required to initiate treatment, including genetic testing.
- Questions: It is always a good idea to bring a list of questions to ask your physician. In addition, we encourage patients to bring a family member or significant other to help you take notes and ask questions.
Our Patient Scheduling Coordinator will contact you by phone to obtain necessary information prior to your first visit and is available to answer any questions that you have regarding your appointment. Please call Ms. Sonnet Smith at + 1-713-335-5606 if you have any questions or concerns.
Travel & Accommodations
We believe that the comfort and safety of our patients during the course of treatment are important factors that might contribute to the treatment success and help in patient recovery.
To make your travel and stay in Houston easier and more convenient, please visit the Travel Information page to obtain information about our location, accommodation and transportation options as well as tips for affordable dining near our Clinic.
Multilingual assistance: Due to the international character of our clinic, we are able to assist our patients in a variety of foreign languages.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Sonnet Smith at + 1-713-335-5606.